Sunday, June 13, 2010

Slip n Slide Adventures: Parts 1 and 2

A couple of weeks ago we went over to our friends' house and they decided to have a Slip n Slide there for the kids' entertainment.  I thought that was a wonderful idea and it was definitely a BIG hit with the kids.  Logan had such a great time, we thought we'd buy one as well!

Slip n Slide: Part 1
So we go to Target to pick out a Slip n Slide.  I pointed out a few that I thought were cool but I was unaware that it was not OK to buy anything other than the "official" Slip n Slide Brand.  So we agreed on an official Slip n Slide, mainly based on length and cool features (such as a body board! and inflatable ramp!).  

The following morning, it's time to set up the Slip n Slide.  Looks pretty cool, huh?  Logan with his board, the awesome ramp....great purchase!!  Almost.  You might notice from the 2nd picture that the water is spraying out to the right....NOT onto the slip n slide.  Then in the 3rd picture, you can see Logan sliding off the side.  That was pretty much how it went - sliding off the side.  Needless to say, Logan's belly was all scratched up and the official Slip n Slide went back to Target 2 days later.





Slip n Slide: Part 2
Mike headed back to Target to exchange the Slip n Slide and, since the main problem with the other one was that it was too narrow, he went for 3 lanes.  And, I'd like to add, it is not an "official" Slip n Slide Brand...

Anyway, I'd say the 2nd round was a success.  Logan had a blast with it and would be on it every day if we'd let him.  Enjoy the cuteness:)






2 comments:

  1. That's awesome - it looks like it has plenty of room, and I like the blown up "bumpers" at the end! Hopefully he'll get tons of use out of it this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure he will! I'm kind of curious to see what Jude might do on it:)

    ReplyDelete