Thursday, June 10, 2010

I am THE Worst Blogger EVER!

No, really, I am!

So it appears that my last blog was 8 1/2 months ago...wow I'm a slacker.  (But thank you Jen for keeping me on your sidebar and noticing how long it's been since I've posted:)).  Well, obviously it would take me quite a while to blog about almost 9 months of Bennett events so I'll give a run down of what's going on now.  Perhaps I'll even attempt to add some pictures if I can remember how...we'll see!

This is Logan's last week of Kindergarten and I just can't believe it. This school year has really flown by and Logan has done so well.  He's done great with reading and writing and has even improved on his talking/listening!  We will really miss Mrs. Decker and Mrs. Caldwell - I am so glad he had them this year.

On Monday, Logan had field day which Mike and I were both able to attend.  All of the kindergarten classes rotated to different events and each class "won" at one event (though there are really no winners or losers at field day now).  No more 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place ribbons. They each got a green Field Day Participant ribbon.  Logan's class won the "hippity hop" (no idea how to spell that), which is a relay race using those big balls with the handles that you sit and bounce on.

This is Logan participating in the "hippity hop".  He was not a fan - as evidenced by the get-me-off-this-thing look.


And here is Logan with his green ribbon


Today, Logan had his end-of-the-year class party.  Mike and I were happy to both be able to go to that as well.  We had a great time! They ate sundaes, made t-shirts, and played games - most of which involved water balloons!

These would be the 250 water balloons Mike and I filled (minus about 10 that didn't make it for one reason or another) - my fingers are still sore from tying them!


Logan rejoicing in throwing and/or catching a water balloon without it breaking!

In action during the water balloon fight...


Logan putting his thumb print on a t-shirt.  Each of the kids put their thumb print on each shirt in different colors.  They're really pretty cool - I'll try to remember to post a picture when his shirt comes home with him.


So....that's a summary of this week (with pictures, too - aren't you impressed?).  Logan's last day of KG is tomorrow and then the parade of grandparents begins!

I'll try not to stay away so long this time:)


No comments:

Post a Comment