Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Tooth #2 (Sort of)

Logan lost his first tooth Sunday night.  On Tuesday morning before school, I noticed Logan's second front lower tooth was VERY loose.  I was definitely expecting him to come home from school with a tooth in a Ziploc bag.  When I picked Logan up from school that afternoon, our conversation went something like this:

ME - "Logan, let me see your teeth.  What happened to your other tooth?!"
LOGAN - "I ate it.  In the cafeteria."
ME - "Did you swallow it?"
LOGAN - "Yes, it went down my throat.  It was hard to eat."
ME - "Did you tell anyone?"
LOGAN - "No, I forgot."

We then went on to discuss how the Tooth Fairy handles swallowed teeth.  We decided that perhaps we should write her a note (though Logan always says "him" - I find it humorous that Logan thinks the Tooth FAIRY is male).  We said we'd discuss with daddy also to make sure and he agreed that a note would be the best course of action.  So this is how the note goes (Logan was the main author but Mike and I contributed to the last sentence):

Dear Tooth Fairy,
I lost my tooth in my mouth, and I ate it in the cafeteria.  And I swallowed it with my friends (we did confirm that he didn't actually swallow his friends - he swallowed it while he was with his friends).

Please leave me some money even though I don't have a tooth for you.
Logan Bennett

And I know you must want to see a picture because he IS so cute!


Oh, and in case you were dying to know, the Tooth Fairy did accept a letter in lieu of a tooth!

No comments:

Post a Comment