Thursday and Friday night brought the fun of the basketball goal. Mike asked if the new goal was "blog-worthy" and I assured him it was! We spent Thursday evening (after we got done furniture shopping in GSO - more on that later) digging the hole for and setting the post. Mike did 90-95% of the digging but I did actually help. Let me tell you, the clay in this part of NC is quite tough to dig through - not to mention the rocks and construction debris from when the house was built 5 years ago. We hit a 2x4 that was about 8 inches long and extended slightly under the driveway. We had to dig a little underneath it and use a saw to get it out! Let me just mention that the hole had to be 32 inches deep and, I think, about 16 inches across. It's not clay after about 2 ft but it was still tough. So we got the post set with Quickrete and it was still standing and level Friday morning!
Friday was tough - I spent a lot of it on a ladder helping to put up the rest of the goal. Let's just say I was a little nervous holding up a big piece of glass while Mike attached it. We made it out with no broken glass or bones and only a few pulled muscles! Unfortunately, I am not the great documenter that I aim to be, so I don't have any awesome pics of the digging or concrete or anything. I do have pictures of the finished product though.
This picture makes me laugh because it looks like Logan is shooting
into his old basketball goal which is several feet away.
Stay tuned for New Stuff (Part II)!
No comments:
Post a Comment